In the Catskill Mountains of New York, Youth Theatre has taken root – theatre that educates and inspires. Our mission is to bring Shakespeare and the craft of acting to curious and imaginative people of all ages, connecting communities and cultures through the world of the Bard.
What’s Happening 2020!
- “Riot of the Heart” reclaiming Shakespeare female voices for a new age. Performing 4PM March 8th @ ASK in Kingston, as a part of Women’s History Month Kingston.
- Monthly Fairytale & Shakespeare Story Theatre Events
- NYC Acting and Performance workshops
- Homeschooling acting classes and weekend workshops
- Advanced Master Shakespeare class: MACBETH at Byrdcliffe Theater in Woodstock May 29, 30 & 31
- Shakespeare Residencies at Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
- Virtual Summer Shakespeare Study July – August
THE SUMMER SHAKESPEARE INTENSIVES In a different way!
Due to the current events we are not able to offer our usual summer Shakespeare experiences here at The Little Globe as we usually do. Instead, we will be providing virtual options of study with the hope to announce a celebration on site and live as soon as possible!
We will be contacting all famlies individually to coordinate with them about best options during this time. I have some amazingly fun and active study options in the works that will allow your child to take on daily actiities and/or connect with us in online study groups through July and August.
Wishing you all the best for a healthy and happy summer! – Lesley Sawhill
“Shakespeare was not of an age, but for all time.”
We would add that Shakespeare is not only for all time, but for all ages too.