In the Catskill Mountains of New York, Youth Theatre has taken root – theatre that educates and inspires. Our mission is to bring Shakespeare and the craft of acting to curious and imaginative people of all ages, connecting communities and cultures through the world of the Bard.
What’s Happening 2020!
- “Riot of the Heart” reclaiming Shakespeare female voices for a new age. Performing 4PM March 8th @ ASK in Kingston, as a part of Women’s History Month Kingston.
- Monthly Fairytale & Shakespeare Story Theatre Events
- NYC Acting and Performance workshops
- Homeschooling acting classes and weekend workshops
- Advanced Master Shakespeare class: MACBETH at Byrdcliffe Theater in Woodstock May 29, 30 & 31
- Shakespeare Residencies at Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
- Summer Camps June – August
THE SUMMER SHAKESPEARE INTENSIVES
Deep in the woods on top of a hill off a back winding road you’ll find The Little Globe outdoor theatre and rehearsal venues. An inspiring setting with young artists creating a community that has grown and thrived for almost two decades.
Join us this summer at The Little Globe Theatre in West Shokan, NY and participate in our theatre camps. Develop the actor’s knowlege and tools, engage in rehearsal, production work including costumes, props, stage combat, dance, song for one particular production of Shakespeare to be performed for the public at the end of the two weeks.
- June 29 – July 3: Shakespeare’s Fairies (Ages 5-7)
- July 6 – July 18: Midsummer Night’s Dream (Ages 7-10)
- July 20 – Aug 1: Comedy of Errors (Ages 11-13)
- Aug 3 – Aug 16: Twelfth Night (Ages 14-17)
Check out details on the Summer Shakespeare page!
“Shakespeare was not of an age, but for all time.”
We would add that Shakespeare is not only for all time, but for all ages too.